Amanda Earl Cake Design is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Amanda Earl Cake Design may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018 pursuant to The General Data Protection Regulation.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Event information including date and location
- Bank details if you choose to hire a cake stand.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To respond to your enquiry and fulfil your enquiry or order.
- To contact you in connection with or to ask you for your feedback on the service we have provided to you.
- To return your cake stand security deposit.
We will not provide your personal information to any other party unless you specifically instruct us to do so, or we are required by law to do so.
We do not send marketing emails.
We do not use postal marketing.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How we store your personal information
We store your personal information in password-protected electronic format and/or in printed format within secure storage on our premises, in particular:
- Quotations/Invoices and Wedding Cake Agreements (which include your name, contact and event information) are stored in electronic and printed format.
- Ingredients, Allergens & Non-edible Items documents (which include your name and event information) are stored in electronic and printed format. This document is provided to your venue on your event date in order to comply with Food Standards Agency regulations.
- Email communications and bank details are stored electronically.
- Tutorial orders (which include your name and email address) are stored electronically and automatically on our website.
How long we store your personal information for
In order to fulfil our service to you, in the event of matters arising out of the service we provide and to comply with certain regulations we store your personal information for various periods of time, in particular:
- Quotations/Invoices and Tutorial orders are stored for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year in accordance with HMRC requirements.
- Wedding Cake Agreements/Ingredients, Allergens & Non-edible Items documents/email communications are stored for 28 days from fulfilment of your order/enquiry.
- Bank details are stored electronically for approximately 5 weeks, ie from the date you provide this information until the date the security deposit is credited back to you, and on our online banking interface for 48 hours.
- Tutorial orders are stored on our website for 48 hours from purchase.
You have the right to ask to see all the data we keep on you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide this information as soon as possible and aim to do so within 21 days.
You have the right to request that all your data be deleted though, as aforementioned, we do need to store Quotations/Invoices/Tutorial orders for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year.
How we destroy your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is disposed of securely, as such, personal information in printed format is shredded and electronic files and information are deleted from our computer system, website and online banking interface.
If you have any complaints regarding how we handle your data please email email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.